Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Oliver + S Guest Post

The Oliver + S Fairy Tale Dress came out a little over a year ago and since then I have used it 10 times! Today I am visiting the Oliver + S blog sharing how I have customized the Fairy Tale sewing pattern

…including my 10th one called '10 Stripes'

Project Details:
Patterns: Oliver + S Fairy Tale Dress (difficulty level of 3 out of 4 scissors), pocket pattern from Oliver + S Playtime Dress
Size: 5
Modifications: Sleeveless, collarless, no bow, no crinoline, I added length to the skirt, I added on seam side pockets from Oliver + S Playtime Dress
Fabrics: Cotton sateen: smoke and eggplant, lining and pockets in cotton sateen: smoke. For size 5 I used about .5 yard eggplant (58 inches wide) and 2 yards smoke.
Notions: Invisible zipper, hook and eye closure
Inspiration: My inspiration came from the 'Carolyn' Stripe Fit and Flare Dress Kate Spade New York $478, black and white version, pink and orange version

Click here to see the tutorial.

Happy sewing!