Monday, March 25, 2013

Monet Wearable Art

 Project Run and Play All Stars is going on right now and for Week 1 the challenge is Inspired by Art. Last week I saw this flickr photo: Tribute to Monet fabric Rollerskate Dress by megamora16.  I loved the fabric so much, I bought some online and when it arrived in the mail, I sewed up this dress!

The pattern: Oliver+S Fairy Tale Dress, size 5, no sleeves, no collar, no bow

The fabrics: "Tribute to Monet" designed for ExclusivelyQuilters and the lining is 100% cotton voile in white

The mods: The width of the skirt is 44 inches (which is the entire width of the fabric) and not the 52.5 inches that is needed in the pattern (so the skirt is not as full)
Monet is one of my favorite painters. During the 3.5 years during which I lived in France I took advantage of the opportunity and was fortunate to visit as many Claude Monet art exhibits and museums in Paris as well as his house and gardens in Giverny. So needless to say I was super excited to discover that Monet fabric existed.

These are totally my colors and I decided to keep in simple and let the fabric speak for itself. It is the perfect dress for spring and summer.
So there you have it wearable art!

PS I sure have been getting my money's worth out of this Fairy Tale Dress pattern, this is the 5th time I've used it, you can see the previous 4 here, here, here, and here.