Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Vintage Button Cuff Bracelet Tutorial



 Vintage Button Cuff Bracelet Tutorial (this cuff bracelet was part of the look I create here)

Supplies needed:
:: 2 inch wide white elastic (I used 7 inches for my daughter's 6 inch wrist)
:: lots of buttons
:: hand sewing needle
:: thread
 Instructions:
::  on the sewing machine with 1/2 inch seam allowance sew the ends of the elastic together
:: with hand sewing needle & thread hand sew on buttons until the elastic is completely covered in buttons (I sewed on 3 larger buttons over the seam & I recommend sewing on buttons all along the edges first (having the buttons hang out over the edge so the elastic doesn't show), then filling in the remaining space)
 Imagine all the possibilities with this one, if you used a multiple of different colored buttons, making an ombre effect would be lovely, wouldn't it?
Enjoy !