Monday, May 28, 2012

11 aprons



One of my sewing goals for 2012 was to do more sewing for charity.

So I was happy to discover that Craft Hope Project 17: Aprons for Haiti is currently going on. Haiti by Hand is accepting aprons until the end of July for women of Haiti. Nothing too frilly, ruffly or lacey, in fabrics that are very wash-friendly (quilting cottons are recommended).

After searching around for free apron patterns/tutorials, I ended sewing a very easy full apron following this idea.

Using quilting cotton fabrics from my stash & about $30+ in bias tape I cranked out 11 of these aprons in 48 hours !  I was able to get 2 aprons out of 1 yard of fabric & 3 packs of bias tape.

I think maybe I've become the bias tape queen !  Even though it was a lot of bias tape sewing, I really enjoyed sewing all these aprons.