Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tour of my studio

 Welcome to my studio !  Here's a quick photo tour of the space where I've been creating in since April 2009. We purchased a 1954 rambler ~ a fixer-upper.... this room is a 10 foot by 10 foot room which is a den, a walk-through room (meaning it has 2 doors) & this closet started out looking like this.

Here is a before photo (read all the details here)



 A sliding drawer under the desk stores makes great laptop storage.


 Sewing table area.
Tucked into the left side of the closet is IKEA shoe storage which contains my yarn stash & knitting needle rolls.
 Hanging on a wall, a white shelf filled with Bonne Maman jars storing lots of vintage goodies.
 Above that white shelf.
 In the opposite corner of my craft/sewing space is the baby grand piano & above that there is another white shelf... sometimes looks like this...
 ...or can sometimes look like this...
 ...in that same corner above the baby grand piano is my mother's 1957 lace wedding gown.
 Hanging up in one corner is this chandelier I painted pink (read all about it here)
 Behind my desk is my daughter's corner, before:
 and after, giving her materials to work with while I work (read all about it here)
 Some of the Liberty of London storage bins (from Target spring 2010) in the closet store some 80+ vintage sewing patterns.

 A gift from a dear friend.
 Extra info in case anyone is interested:

 I have a few 13 inch white folding mesh cubes that store my fabric stash that fit perfectly into the IKEA shelf, they were bought at The Container Store.

The paint we used was: Sherwin Williams SW6766 Mariner (a Tiffany Blue color)

See you tomorrow for a Sew, Mama, Sew! giveaway.