Monday, December 5, 2011

Pistachio Cranberry Bundt Cake

 {Gluten-Free Holidays}

Pistachio Cranberry Bundt Cake
From the gluten-free kitchen of Rachel Le Grand

Here is a recipe for a gluten-free pound cake I came up with ~ it is yummy !  Enjoy !

What you need:
Vegetable oil spray for misting the pan
1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
1 package (15 oz) GF cake mix, yellow
1/4 cup vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dried cranberries, chopped

What you do:
:: preheat oven to 350 degrees F
:: lightly mist a bundt pan with vegetable oil spray
:: scatter chopped pistachios evenly in the bottom of the bundt pan
:: place the cake mix, pudding mix, coconut milk, vegetable oil, eggs, & vanilla in a mixing bowl
:: beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds
:: scrape down the side of the bowl
:: beat on medium speed for 2 minutes
:: fold in dried cranberries
:: pour the batter over the pistachios in the prepared bundt pan
:: bake for 40-45 minutes
When I was growing up my mom always made me a loaf of cranberry bread for Christmas (my sister & brother got banana & zucchini). Last year I experimented with mixing dried cranberries & pistachios together in bark & gluten-free icebox cookies ~ they were a big hit !  So that is where I got the inspiration for this pound cake. I hope you enjoy it, I think that the red from the cranberries & the green from the pistachios make it a festive holiday dessert.

Bon appétit !

Happy Gluten-Free Holidays !!!